Our company is having our Family Christmas event at the Star City. This is a preview of the excitement that awaits us this coming December. The official Star City website is not updated (www.starparks.com.ph) but I will refer to some of the basic information from that site. If you haven’t been to Star City for some time, this is a preview of what is in store for you in one of Manila’s matured Carnival.
10 Reasons why Star City is the place to be…
Star City is pioneer in introducing the concept of mixing retail with amusement, a trend being followed by most malls today where they integrate rides with shopping. Star City combines maximum shopping with maximum enjoyment attractions all focus on serving our target market, the Filipino family, schools, and companies. Here, our visitors will escape to a friendly stimulating sequence of worlds field with a mixture of maximum value shops and spectacular world-class attractions. (according to Star City 🙂
1. Indoor Carnival. 100% of the kiddie rides are indoors so you can enjoy the Carnival even when it rains. For events, it is easy to plan since you remove the rain factor from ruining your awesome time. However, the adult thrill rides Surf Dance, Star Flyer, Zyklon Loop and Wild River are located outside.
2. Unique Adult Scary Rides. I didn’t know that Star City had these awesome adult thrill rides.
The Surf Dance, the first and only of its kind in the Philippines, is a family gondola ride that is about the height of a five-storey building. The 44-seat ride swings upwards, downwards, and sideways.
Star Flyer is the newest addition to the Star City family. It is the first inverted roller coaster ride in the country! It was imported from California and it is now operational at SC in time for Christmas season.
See the Ice carvings of World Ice Sculpture Arts Champion Frankie Lee. World Ice Art Championships is an ice sculpting contest in Fairbanks, Alaska.
4. Peter Pan and Land of the Giants Attractions. I enjoyed these attractions more than Aidan who got scared because of the loud noises/ sounds inside. There’s still a child inside of me after all!
Peter Pan. Visit Neverland and experience the story and relive the adventure of the boy who never grows old, Peter Pan.This is a walk-though spell binding fantasy attraction bringing to life the tale and adventures of Peter Pan, Captain Hook, and the rest of the kids.
5. More Attractions! I do feel that you get your money’s worth for the ride-all-you-can because there are more attractions and horror rides for the family! It would probably take the whole day to enjoy all the rides and attractions. Even Enchanted Kingdom, does not have these kinds of attractions.
6. Mini-Enchanted Kingdom experience in Manila. Remember all these rides that are similar to Enchanted Kindom?
(Clockwise from Top)
Wild River (aka Log Jam). This ride consists over a dozen log boats (each with seating capacity of six adults) that travels down a channel propelled by a strong current of water. The boats are lifted to the top by two hydraulic belts and are allowed to drop freely from the height of up to 15 meters into a splash.
Super Viking (aka Anchor’s Away). This pirate ship-inspired family ride has a seating capacity of 50 adults. It swings forward and backward horizontally.
Zyklon Loop (aka Space Shuttle). A roller coaster that travels at the speed of 60 kph and features a 60 degree drop, banking turns of over 720 degrees. This is the country’s first imported 360-degree loop coaster.
Adult Bumper Boat. This classic ride, which is composed of 20 independent gas powered boats, is composed of is a favorite among family because of its passenger interaction.
7. Roller Coaster Rides for all Ages! I counted 6 roller coaster rides with increasing level of excitement.
Rodeo First driving lesson. From fire trucks to medic emergency vehicle, choose and enjoy from the ten cars in a convoy that travel along and over and under loop track.
Wacky Worm. This kiddie / all-family roller coaster ride is themed as giant caterpillar. It can carry 36 people along the double level track.
Wacky Dragon. Too small for Blizzard but too big for Wacky Worm? Then try Wacky Dragon, one of the roller coasters for the whole family.
Blizzard Blizzard is an all-family roller coaster ride that will take you to an exciting experience.
Zyklon Loop. A roller coaster that travels at the speed of 60 kph and features a 60 degree drop, banking turns of over 720 degrees. This is the country’s first imported 360-degree loop coaster.
Star Flyer is the newest addition to the Star City family. It is the first inverted roller coaster ride in the country!
8. Kiddie Rides/Games One to Sawa. There is simply no reason why your kids won’t enjoy all the kiddie rides at Star City.
Grand Carousel.The first double decked carousel in the country (but I do remember that Global Carnival also had this), and is a showcase of excellent European craftsmanship. It has a capacity of 72 people, and is regarded as the most popular all-family ride in the park.
Kiddie Wheel. Star City’s ferris wheel for kids wherein your little angels can enjoy the feel of a ferris wheel ride minus the fear of heights.
Little Mermaid Boat Ride. Captivate yourself with the fascinating set design artfully made for your touring experience inside this lagoon-like pathway.
Snow White Antique Cars. Offer yourself a relaxing break from the tiring and exciting tour inside the park by visiting Snow White Antique Cars, which depicts the first models of cars ever made.
Magic Tea Cup. Time to relax. Kids, with their playmates, can relax on this kiddie ride after hours of playing inside kiddie ball pools, playpen among other Star City attractions.
Quack Quack. A seven-meter revolving kiddie ride that has six tubs / coaches designed as ducks, each with four seating capacity.
Red Baron. Ace flyer anyone? Make your child imagine himself / herself as the World War I ace flyer in this kiddie ride, the Red Baron.
Telecombat. An all-family ride, is composed of 16 independently controlled units that can be turned, lifted, and dropped, simulating a mini space vehicle.
Kiddie Bump Car. Enjoying the ride behind the wheels. Let your kids experience the fun and excitement of driving without the hassle of the city’s heavy traffic.
Adult Bumper. Car safety meets fun and laughter. Drive away to your heart’s content with the all-time favorite, the bumper cars even with numerous collisions and banging with your friends’ bumper cars , driving has never been this safe, hassle and scratch-free.
9. A chance to have a photo taken with a Snow Man. For some reason, Aidan keeps raving about this snow man. I think he remembered the Snow Man in the StarFall website where he can design his own Snow Man from the hat to the face to his arms.
1. Star City is old and has been operating since 1991. Most of the kiddie rides are old but functional. The rides are not photogenic at all but they get the job done in entertaining the kids.
2. It is noisy inside. The noise and screams in the roller coaster are magnified because they are indoors. In fact, Aidan got scared the first time we were walking around Star City.
3. I don’t understand the Carnival Layout. In the effort to bring everything indoors, they sacrificed the zonings and location of the rides.
4. Marketing is poor. The website is outdated with ugly photos. Their brochure is only a map with outdated attractions.
5. You go to Star City for the kids. I would not invite my friends here just to hang around or meet.
MORE INFORMATION ON STAR CITY
Entrance Only (P60) | Ride All You Can (P250) | RAYC with Snow World (P325)
PARK LOCATION: Star City is located at Star City, Sotto St., CCP Complex Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.
PARK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday 4:00 PM – onwards | Saturday – Sunday / Holiday
1:00 PM – onwards
TELEPHONE NUMBERS: Marketing: +632 6899 3496 | Operations: +632 833-4483
RELATED POSTS FOR KIDS’ PLACE: