OVERALL RATING: 4.2
Total Number of Foodies who rated: 544
“The Best Tapa Ever!”
The Ultimate Food Discovery and overall winner during the Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 is JAM Foods Angus Beef Tapa!
Most of the foodies couldn’t stop raving about how the tapa was bursting with sweet flavor in every strand. Since it’s USDA certified beef angus tapa, you can be assured that the meat is tender and has the right texture.
Best of all, you can buy it for take home. The tapa is marinated already and frozen when delivered. All you have to do is cook it at home together with eggs and rice, cooked the way you like it. Most of the raves were transformed into actual purchases during and after the
Ultimate Taste Test event.
Congratulations to JAM FOODS Angus Beef Tapa!
*** July 7 Update: a customer complained about JAM Foods Tapa and I would like to share it with you:
“I was disappointed to find out upon delivery of this product labelled USDA Certified Angus Beef that it was incredibly full of fat under which the meat was hidden, and the real product was, to me, a misrepresentation of its name. When I wanted to have the product replaced, the JAM foods contact told me that all their products were that way because it was ‘beef bacon’, then, why not label it so? The consumers must know as this product is certainly not the best tapa for those who stay away from so much fat. I’ve tried a lot of better beef tapa. The one served at Pancake House in their breakfast menu, for instance, is real beef and delicious.”
The Story of JAM FOODS Angus Beef Tapa
by Michelle Navarro Cu-Unjieng
From being a humble part of Pasta Works’ menu, Angus Tapa has gradually made its way to the hearts of its customers. Due to the overwhelming experience the Angus Tapa brought to its clients, owners Chef John and Michelle Cu-Unjieng realized that it would be great if customers could take it home and share it with their loved ones as well. Now, Angus Tapa is freshly and deliciously packed, and comes with a friendly price that everyone can afford. It is fast becoming the city’s favorite! 🙂
Chef John is currently the Executive Chef for Hexagon Lounge in RCBC and Recipe Hunter Food Concepts. He is also the Chef Consultant for Las Paellas Cafe, Tia Maria and Cowboy Grill Concepts.
JAM is a family acronym, which stands for Chef John, Alfonso
(son), and Myka (daughter) / Michelle
Blogosphere Raves About Angus Beef Tapa:
“Best Over-All Taste Test Experience: JAM Foods’ Angus Beef Tapa
The line was long but true to the adage… it was VERY MUCH WORTH THE WAIT! The tapa, sliced thinly, has to it the perfect blend of sweet and salty. The tapa experience is even taken a notch higher because it’s of the Angus beef kind—tender, tasty, with just enough fat to bring you to heaven and back. Needless to say, I went home with two kilos of this ready-to-cook winner. (Php 500 per kilo)”
“One of the best we had was the Angus Beef Tapa of JAM Foods. Looks like they are very new in the business since I cannot get any information about them via Google. I am hoping that Anton would blog about them soon. I can’t wait to give my dad and bro some of those marinated uncooked tapas.”
“Oh my, this I was able to try! Thank God! REALLY Good melt in your mouth flavorful tapa. They even have a special vinegar to go with it. I forgot the variants though. Another fail! Anybody who remembers their vinegar sauces?”
“I would love to cook a batch of angus tapa for Dodong’s brunch (He’s not a breakfast person) or maybe pang midnight snack. With matching sinangag (garlic fried rice) and scrambled eggs. Grumble. Just imagining is making me a-hungry.”
More Raves about the Angus Beef Tapa from Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 Foodies:
– made the event worth it!
– tasty! I bot nga eh
– perfectly seasoned! Great to pair with beer!
– very tasty tapa with great texture
– tapa heaven
– really yummy
– tapa was nicely cooked, will buy!
– had to buy some
– love the soft crunchy tapa
– not that oily
– yummy tapa! very good with beer
– best with suka, bursting with flavor
– super flavorful & not tough
– very good! well seasoned!
– the best tapa I’ve tasted! More Power!
– tasty & crunchy
– oh tapa of my dreams
– loved the crunchiness
– love the crispy bits
– hands down favorite. Best Ever!
– love the tapa, tasty
– tapa was very flavorful
– really good esp with vinegar
– Beef Tapa is Awesome!
– Best Tapa ever! 6!
– the best ever! bacon/tapa! crunchy bacon tapa! love it!
– love the tapa!
– perfect tapa
– beef too thin but delicious
– lessen the oil
– great tasting but too thin strips
– it’s sweet and spicy, I want it salty
– very good but oily tapa
– not very memorable
– sweet & sour taste… weird!
– wish I had sunny side up & garlic rice
– more garlic pls.. =)
– sana may kanin…
– paired best with rice! sarap!
– the tapa was good but the serving was bitin!
– does not taste like angus but very good
– amazing! sana may rice
“OMG. wuhooo! 10!” – Ultimate Taste Test 4 Foodie 🙂
JAM Foods ANGUS BEEF TAPA (P500 per kilo per pack)
Contact Person: Michelle N. Cu-Unjieng / Edward Go
Mobile: +63 917-5331371
Phone: +632 502-5282
Facebook: Like USDA Angus Tapa
Let me know what you think of JAM FOODS Angus Beef Tapa… 🙂
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: All the food suppliers who joined the Ultimate Taste Tests 4 provided FREE samples to 1,000 foodies. Only those suppliers who were rated 3.3 and above (by the foodies) are featured as the UTT4 winners in the blog.
P.S. We are now receiving applications for Foodie Suppliers and Event/Media Sponsors for the Ultimate Taste Test 5.0 in August. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 0917-5318949.
Also, we will sell tickets to the event so that we will solve the registration line issues. 🙂 I will announce when it will be available during the first week of July. 🙂
Thank You to our Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 Sponsors:
- Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 is co-presented by San Miguel Lifestyle Brews.
- SCALA is the country’s premier paperboard packaging supplier to the food industry. They provided the cute carton trays for the Ultimate Taste Test 4.0..
- Creative Juice is the official Events and Logistics partner for the Ultimate Taste Test Events.
- Proceeds of the Ultimate Taste Test Event are for the benefit of MASED Foundation.
- Electronic Yellow Pages (EYP) is the official media partner for the Ultimate Taste Test 4.0 event.
- The event is supported by Oishi, Ampalaya Plus, and Asia United Bank.