Galileo Enotica is a place with a soul alright as describe by Market Man. I missed Market Man’s EB and I also missed all the special food served as captured by Desserts First in her EB post . I ate in Galileo last Saturday Lunch time and I got to experience the normal set menu. No Fresh Mozzarella! No Lambrusco wine! No Fresh Anchovies and Fresh Olives! No roasted peppers and no baby tomatoes! No penne with roasted eggplant! No other food aside from Spaghettini Ala Arabiata and Spaghetti Ala Carbonara! No doubt the food is great but this is a lesson of timing when to eat in places like this and I’ll share with you my experience and how best you can enjoy this place when you visit.
1. Make sure Fresh Mozzarella is available. This is imported and easily spoiled so it comes every 2-3 weeks. This is one of the main reason I wanted to try this place out aside from the vegetarian appetizers and eggplant pene pasta. Apparently, this is one of the best sellers in this place so make sure that it is available.
2. Cheese, Cheese, Cheese! I love cheeses these days and the I love the Grana Padano which is part of the serving of the set menu. I suggest you try out all the selection and take one home. This is a lot better than your traditional queso de bola.
3. Alacarte vs. the Set Menu. I would suggest to try out the alacarte if available specially because @ P350, the only best thing are the pasta selections, selection of cheese and the coffee. The set does not come with a salad or a vegetable appetizer and I would have paid P500 just to complete the experience with a dessert!
4. Best for group dinners and conducive for conversations. There are only 4 or 5 group tables that can fit a group of more than 8, so better book in advance. I would suggest that you negotiate the menu like Marketman did and pay P500 and it would be worth it!
5. Expect startup issues. Since this is a young restaurant, the waiters are not yet professional — they would commit the item is available but after checking with the kitchen it is not. Don’t go there after a big event like Marketman’s EB, where most of their inventory have been depleted (I guess). So when reserving, ask if what is on the set menu and if the best sellers are available. If not for Vanessa, the very nice manager of the place, I would have lost my cool and complain a lot in my blog post.
Well no doubt that I’ll go back but a lot wiser from my lesson in timing 🙂
>> CHECK OUT MORE GALILEO ENOTECA PHOTOS HERE.
Galileo Enoteca – Deli
St. Calbayog corner Malinao St., Mandaluyong City