I just recuperated from the Balloon Fiesta activities. We definitely had fun and it was nice to meet new friends last Saturday. We had a large group last Saturday and I did not bother to count. There were the bloggers group, flickeristas, photo club from SSS, photo enthusiasts, travel writer and even some foreigners. I finally got connected with my grade school classmates in Bene and I do hope to meet most of them in the near future. I’ll be posting our Balloon Fiesta adventures in the next couple of days.
We pretty much followed the itinerary except the one after Subic. Waking up early in the morning took its toll on our bodies and we were tired by 3pm. My body was screaming to get some sleep. The group decided not to go back to Clark anymore and just enjoyed Subic. For us, we had to go back because we were staying overnight in Fontana. It was so traffic going back to Clark, we wasted a few hours and we had to endure the exit traffic.
Thanks to all who joined last Saturday in the Balloon Fiesta and Zoobic!
Early Good Morning from Our Awesome Planet (https://awesome.blog)!!
I’m excited to see the Hot Air Balloons again – In fact, I can’t sleep because of excitement. If this is your first time to see these balloons, waking up early in the morning is all worth it. Sorry to insist on a 3.30am meeting time but it is essential so that we can see how the Hot Air Balloons are setup; we can scout and reserve the best vantage point, and we have time to get to know each other.
This is not a tour and I’m not a tour guide. I would like to see it as a road trip with friends. It is a loose convoy and you can decide to go on your own if you want. I don’t charge any professional fee (most people ask me this) and I do this because I love what I do. My intent is that you get an Awesome experience and tell the world about how beautiful the Philippines is.
Here is the schedule for Today’s Road Trip:
Time Travel Itinerary – Comments/ Notes
3.30-4.00am Meet up in Shell Nlex Coffee Time
4.00-5.00am Loose Convoy to Clark Airport
5.30-7.30am Hot Air Balloon Take-Off Shoot-Out P100/head. $150/Balloon
8.00-9.00am Breakfast @ Veterans of Foreign Wars KKB ☺
9.00-11.00am Enroute to Zoobic, Subic 2 hours travel time
11.00-3.00pm Zoobic Tour/ Lunch P395/head.
3.00-5.00pm Enroute to Clark 2 hours travel time
5.30-7.00pm Hot Air Balloon Arrival and Night Glow
8.00pm Capampangan Dinner! KKB ☺
February 10: 11th Philippine Hot Air Balloon Activities
– Hot Air Balloon flight (5:30 AM- 7:00 AM)
– AFP Sky Diving Exhibition (7:00 AM – 7:30 AM)
– Ultra-light aircraft Fly-By from Angeles City Flying Club (7:30 AM – 8:30 PM)
– Aerobatic Exhibition by Meynard Halili and Bill Wright (8:30 AM – 9:30 AM)
– Helicopter Flying Exhibition (9:30 AM -10:00 AM)
– Missionary HelioSTOL aircraft Demo by Summer Inst of Linguistic(10:00 AM -10:30 AM)
– Paragliding Exhibition by French and Malaysian team (10:30 AM -11:00 AM)
– AOPA-P Light Airplane Balloon Bursting competition (11:00 AM -12:30 PM)
– Choreographed Kite Flying demonstration by Fort Boni Sport Kite Com (12:30 PM- 1:30 PM)
– Angeles City Flying Club Ultra-Light Flying display (1:30 PM- 2:30 PM)
– Gyro Plane Flying but Gyroplane Rotorcraft (2:30 PM- 3:15 PM)
– AFP Sky Diving Exhibition (3:15 PM – 3:45 PM)
– Aerobatic Display by Meynard Halili and Bill Wright (3:45 PM –4:30 PM)
– CTRM Flight display (4:30 PM – 5:00 PM)
– Ultra Light Fly By of the Angeles City Flying Club (5:00 PM – 5:30 PM)
– RC helicopter flying demonstration by Rufino (5:30 PM – 5:45 PM)
– Hot Air Balloon flight (5:30 PM- 6:45 PM)
– Crew and award night party (7:30 PM-)
10 Photographers Tips:
1. Know your Subject. Focus Attention on the Subject. Simplify.
2. Color and Light. Capture the Bright Colors of the Balloon with Landscape or Beautiful Sky in the background.
3. Put the Balloon Up Front. Off Center. Make it Large
4. Do not shoot at a speed slower than twice the length of the longest part of the lens.
5. For Propeller aircrafts shoot at a range of 1/125-1/180. For helicopters, use 1/60-125.
6. Shoot the Sky. Sunrise has the perfect lighting condition.
7. Shoot the crowd by making it the subject or foreground for the balloons.
8. Don’t forget to shoot your group portrait with Balloon in the background.
9. Shoot Silhouttes if possible.
10. Have FUN!!
Join in the YKL Photo Contest
Here are the mechanics:
1. Open to all hobbyists, enthusiast, and photographers digital and/or film camera.
2. Registration is P50 in the YKL Booth
3. There are two categories: A. Digital/Film Camera B. Camera Phones
4. Category A: 8×10 color prints – deadline Feb. 19 12nn YKL Office – 24 Sto. Domingo St. Q.C. (1st Prize: Trip to Bora, 2nd Prize: E900 Digital Camera, 3rd Prize: Overnight Stay @ Hotel)
5. Category B: 4×6 color prints. Deadline 3pm today. (Mobile Printer MP-70)
For the Foodies:
1. Veteran of Foreign Wars – American Canteen’s Shit on a Shingle.
2. C’ Italianis – One of the best Italian places in Clark, Friendship Road
3. Zapata Mexican – Along Friendship road, great authentic Mexican food.
4. Aling Lucings/ Mely’s Sisig – One of the best Sisig in San Fernando
5. Jun- Jun’s Barbeque – At Par if not better than Aristocrat’s version.
6. Gubat in Angeles – For exotic Campangan Food
7. Everybody’s Café in San Fernando – The Famous Everybody’s Café.
8. Radizio in Mimosa – Brazilian Barbeque
9. Privado Pizza and Pasta – Real Italian Home Cooking
10.Roti at Michele’s Bake Shop @ SM Clark
That’s It! Have an Awesome Time @ the 11th Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
Anton of Our Awesome Planet
+63928 558 8500
3 thoughts on “A Fantastic Balloon Fiesta”
Glad you had a wonderful time with family and friends. Thanks for sharing all those magnificent photos.
Just dropping by to wish you and your lovely family Happy Hearts Day!
Happy Valentines Day!
Empower the Youth. Hear Their Voices. Support SIKAP – SIGAW ng KABATAANG PINOY!
i want to experience an air balloon fest! but i guess its very expensive, ive seen a parachute ride in bora, i have so many things n my head cos i want to surpirse my bf every month for oneyear, i plan to set a romantic picnic for him, but where? picnic grove is pretty crowded 🙁 though i live near tagaytay yes its convinient but still if there’s other place why not? i want to treat him to air-balloon thing and parachute ride, where and how much? i want to spend an over night with him where im allowed to cook.. but where? i only travel around south cavite-tagaytay-batangas ugggghh!!! pls help?