Don’t miss these 10 awesome experiences in Batad!
1. Sunrise in Batad. You can wake up early at around 5.30-6.00am. It takes time for the sun to rise because of the mountains. The rice terraces is alive when the sun shines on the rice fields. The angled lighting gives it a very interesting color perfect for photography.
2. Romeo’s Antique Ifugao Collections. You must go and check out the Ifugao Antique collections in Rita’s Inn. The husband Romeo is the host and he will entertain you. Don’t forget to go inside his ifugao hut and get to see his antique collection. An antique ifugao weave bags is sold for P15,000 or more.
3. Wooden Scooters of Banaue. On our way to the main viewpoint, some kids are practicing on their wooden scooters in time for the competition. Since most of the people in Banaue are carvers, they were able to create a scooter purely from wood. It is very interesting to see these scooters in action.
4. Picnic in Tapiya Falls. JP, Ben and Roland were kind enough to organize a lunch picnic for us at the Tapiya falls. They had to bring rice and fried chicken all the way down from Hillside Inn. They also cooked Itag for us to add a local flavor to the menu.
5. Swimming in the cold waters of Tapiya falls. The current in the waters are very strong. It is very rocky so it is advisable to wear your sandals or aqua socks. The water is also very cold. Despite all these, swimming in the waters near the falls is one of the priceless experiences in the Philippines.
6. Having breakfast or lunch with a magnificent view of the Batad Rice Terraces. I miss this scene already and I can’t adequately describe how priceless this scene is.
7. The P1,000 peso shot. Don’t forget to visit the main viewpoint in the main Banaue town. The rice terraces are massive in this area!
8. Trekking with friends. Batad is a bonding session with friends and family. I joined a tour group and after the trip we share a special bond with each other.
9. Holding Hands While Walking in the Terraces and Singing "I’m on the top of Top of the World." You should go with your love one for you to experience this.
10. Meeting the People of Batad. They usually don’t like pictures. You have to interact and get to know them before they will allow you to take their pictures. The Ifugao culture is very interesting and I can’t wait to go back.