Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test Winner #25:
BAKED BY ANITA
84 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
120 foodies rated 4- I love it!
105 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
50 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
10 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
Baked by Anita is dubbed as the “Queen of the Market” in Mercato Centrale. An interesting tidbit: She was the only vendor mentioned in the movie “No Other Woman” when Cristine Reyes (in the final scene in Mercato Centrale) said, “Hi, Anita” as she passed by her booth.
Anita continuously surprises us with different gourmet combinations of her bite-sized cupcakes. I just love the balsamic vinegar reduction flavor with fresh strawberries. With her unique concoctions, it won’t be long before Anita becomes a legendary cupcake baker in Manila. 🙂
In Rockwell’s UTT, she introduced her mini-cupcake with maple roasted bacon with maple buttercream. A lot of foodies raved about this bacon cupcake. Congratulations to Baked by Anita!
The Story of Baked by Anita
by Anita Li
Bacon n’ Maple: Cupcake is made with browned butter, fresh sage and maple roasted bacon bits with maple buttercream and crowned with maple roasted bacon bits.
Box of 4 @Php150.00
Box of 6 @ Php230.00
Box of 9 @Php345.00
Box of 12 @Php450.00
Roasted Strawberry: Cupcake is made with fresh strawberries roasted with balsamic vinegar and crowned with BBA strawberry frosting made with fresh strawberries, Valrhona white chocolate, cream cheese and buttercream.
Php 39.00 each,
Box of 4 @Php150.00,
Box of 6 @ Php230.00,
Box of 9 @Php345.00, and
Box of 12 @Php450.00
- roasted strawberry-yummy!
- balsamic vinegar was a nice addition
- bacon-bland, strawberry-too much balsamic
- bacon & maple was bland. roasted strawberry was weird
- really good! not too sweet!
- i liked strawberry
- normal pastries
- crazy flavors but i love them!
- i love the mix of flavors of the bacon thing- sweet & salty
- roasted strawberry brave & adventurous flavors. kudos
- i give roasted strawberry a “5”
- it’s good but not for me
- it was just ok
- bacon & maple is really good but strawberry too sweet
- like the taste of the cupcake
- enjoyed the taste
- good choice of ingredients
- bacon+maple is different & quite tasty
- didn’t care for the strawberry. bacon was ok
- <3<3<3 it!
- just like biting into strawberries
- bacon 🙂
- more bacon please!
- good experimentation with flavors
- flavors are very distinct & taste very unique
- really yummy!
- so many stuff packed into a small cupcake = GOOD!
- roasted strawberry so unique
- a bit disappointed i can use more sage flavor
- ok lang
- <3 it!
- no need for bacon, muffin is good enough as is!
- balsamic vinegar + strawberry! (drools)
- unique experience
- original flavors but taste was lacking
- too sweet
- i liked the bacon +maple flavor more but the evident strawberry flavor in the other
- usual cupcakes
- servings just right not heavy
- cake is soft
- i like the concept & design but taste is just ok
- savory & sweet. balanced well. highly recommended!
- savory +sweet harmonious balance
- bacon cupcake is nice
- kick of bacon, terrific!
- strawberry cupcake was dry
- super sarap!
- roasted strawberry is a winner! good job in mixing a lot of different flavors
- best cake!!! Bacon!!!
- loved the bacon and maple cupcake! it is soft!
- bacon +maple savory!
- not that moist
- different flavors. like the strawberry better
- tastes good!
- it’s true cupcake with an attitude!
- bacon is great
- really enjoyed the strawberry balsamic. nice tang!
- salted caramel needs work
- bacon cheesecake was dry
- balsamic vinegar + strawberry both yummy!
- bite size perfection
- roasted strawberry = the best!
- love the combinations. unusual but they work!
- cupcakes that will make you full 🙂
- roasted sberry-odd mix
- strawberry can be tasted
- unique flavors
- yummy cupcakes
- want it more soft & moist
- taste is just right. lovely.
- balsamic & strawberry- perfect!
- love the combination of bacon & choco
- moist cupcake. interesting flavor
- very original
- cupcake tasted more like thick banana bread
- strawberry balsamic topping is good
- not enough bacon, strawberry was very good
- icing was of quality, nice buttery taste
- Bacon & maple mini cakes bottom’s a bit dry & tough
- didn’t like vinegar in cupcake! Didn’t work!
- bacon sample was excellent
- right topping!
- the best
- don’t be fooled. these little munchies pack a lot of flavor!
- very inventive and tasty, well cooked and good
- organic 🙂 amazing strawberry
- love the roasted strawberry!
- who knew bacon would be so good as a dessert
- better bacon
- new tastes, good!
- interesting and innovative
- surprisingly good
- one product is good the other is bad
- great combo
- not memorable but ok naman
- good twist w balsamic vinegar
- it is something different, love the flavors
- something different. different in a good way
- it’s something different and really tasty
- the saltiness and sweetness of the cupcake blends really well
- I love the bacon-manly cupcake
- excellent! not too sweet
- the supplier explains the products
- bacon&cupcakes don’t match
- roasted strawberry -really good
- strawberry nice! Bacon and maple, 2 pts
Live an Awesome Life,
Call or Text Me: +63917 5683-627 (LOVE-OAP)
Follow Me FacebookTwitterFlickr Youtube
- a Rockwell UTT Winner Certificate;
- a winner feature in Our Awesome Planet; and
- a guaranteed spot in any of the Mercato Centrale markets. 🙂
P.P.S. The next Ultimate Taste Test event will be held in mid-November.
Related OAP Blog Posts:
OAP | The Ultimate Food Trip happens in Rockwell on September 3
OAP | The Foodies’ Guide to Rockwell’s Ultimate Taste Test
OAP | My Cheers Moments @ Rockwell’s Ultimate Taste Test
Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by:
3 thoughts on “Baked by Anita Mini Gourmet Cupcakes!”
cupcake pa lang, ulam na : )
Bacon Maple is DaBest!!!
yey, Anita1 theree cheers1 congratulations and all best.
Anton, you might want to group the comments into positive and negative. Spanky: 🙂