UTT XI: Rockwell Winner #2: (Dessert)
JACK FROST Ice Cream
121 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
138 foodies rated 4- I love it!
71 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
27 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
2 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
I never imagined Basil ice cream or Rose with Pistachio Nuts (nicknamed Nuts & Roses) to taste really good. Check out Jack Frost Premium Ice Cream flavors this Holiday Season! Congrats! 🙂
Related Post: About Ultimate Taste Test 11: 3rd Rockwell UTT @PowerPlantMall (A Photo Essay)
The Story of JACK FROST Premium Ice Cream
The idea of making homemade ice cream came about only when a new Kitchen Aid mixer was bought and a free ice cream bowl attachment was given. This was back around 2008. We then discovered that the quality of the ice cream that was self made was much better than the ones found in the grocery. Seeing a potential business behind this, we did our costing and saw that the only way we could proceed was to go high end.
The search was on for unique flavors that are not found locally. The first of the flavors we worked on was Basil. Other flavors came into play after reading about it, experimenting with them, or even seeing other products with flavors that have not been thought of for ice cream but were feasible. This flavor development is still ongoing, even now that we now have 17 flavors, namely:
- Almond Spice (almond w/ ginger)
- Culture Comfort (cultured milk)
- Lemon Mint
- Orange Rosemary
- Silky Amber (salted butter caramel)
- WMD (wintermelon delight)
- Azuki Cha Cha (green tea w/ red beans)
- Cheesecake (blueberry, strawberry, or oreo)
- Choco Glacier (choco mint w/ choco mint candy)
- Energo (chocolate energy drink w/ chocolate covered popping candy)
- Morning Rush (coffee w/ bacon bits)
- Nuts & Roses (rose w/ pistachio nuts)
- PBJ (peanut butter & jelly)
- White Rock (vanilla w/ choco toffee candy)
Why the name Jack Frost? Jack Frost was the first character that was thought of when related to something cold. Aside from this, it also allowed us to incorporate the words, “you don’t know Jack” into the initial slogan and this has since been improved.
The ice cream is on a made-to-order basis with a required lead time of at least 2 days, depending on the size of the order. We are also willing to deliver to selected areas of the Metro Manila for a minimum amount.
Currently, Jack Frost is registered at the Intellectual Property office and is developing its own packaging.
Jack Frost is available in scoops at YenYen Taiwan Street Food along P. Guevarra St. in San Juan and Lunchbox at Ronac Art Center along Ortigas Ave.
Jack Frost pints may also be bought at DEC along Wilson St. in San Juan.
What Foodies Say About Jack Frost:
- Tamang flavors lang!
- Very creamy, I like.
- So refreshing!
- Good flavor choice
- Lacks flavor
- Love the basil flavor!
- Superb basil ice cream
- I love the coffee w/ bacon bits!
- I love Wintermelon Delight 🙂
- Got the strawberry flavor, not enough of it
- Coffee flavor has a kick to it
- Great flavors!
- Great flavor nuts and roses
- Very light and fresh
- Delicious Ice Cream
- Basil Ice Cream for the win!
- Would appreciate bigger oreo chunks!
- Basil Ice Cream was the bomb
- 4 for oreo cheesecake
- Didn’t taste the poppy candy
- Unique flavors
- Interesting flavors
- Interesting flavors that work
- Slightly grainy texture
- Icy; can be creamier
- Basil Ice Cream was the best!
- Too icy
Jack Frost Premium Ice Cream
Contact person: Bonner Dytoc
Contact number: +63 918 935-4716
Telephone: +632 922-1977
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test XI Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by: