Samgyeopsal, one of the most popular Korean dishes, refers to pork belly meat slices grilled on your table. It’s name literally means: three (sam; 삼) layered (gyeop; 겹) flesh (sal; 살) referring to the layering of fat and meat. In fact, there’s a Samgyeopsal Day celebrated every 3rd of March (sam 삼-sam; 삼) where all people should eat Samgyeopsal. 🙂
We went all the way to the Gangneung province to taste and experience what authentic Samgyeopsal is like in Korea…
It’s definitely an experience you shouldn’t miss when you travel to Korea!
Awesome Korea Experience: Be Inspired Series
- RAKKOJAE Secret Hanok Escape: An Ultimate Immersion to Korean Culture (Seoul)
- JINSADAEK: 14-Course Traditional Korean Food Experience!
- SAMGYEOPSAL: Lovin’ the Korean Grilled Pork Belly BBQ Experience…Yum!
- NAMSANGOL: Traditional Hanok Village + Seoul Millennium Time Capsule
- SEOUL TOWER: First Timer’s Guide to Namsan Seoul Tower Experience
- CHANGDEOKGUNG PALACE & JONGMYO SHRINE: Pilgrimage to Korea’s World Heritage Sites
- MYEONG-DONG & NOO NA HOL DAK: Korean Fried Chicken Dinner
- DONG-LIM KNOT MUSEUM: Learning the Art of Traditional Korean Maedeup (Knots)
- INSA-DONG: Korea’s Traditional Food & Artist Culture Street
- ITAEWON: IP Boutique Hotel & Flying Pan Korean Brunch Experience
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Thank you to Korean Tourism Organization of Manila for the Asian On Air Program: Asia Power Bloggers Tour of South Korea! 감사합니다 Kamsahamnida!
Here’s the calling card of the restaurant we ate at: