Update Oct 2005: Sanctuario Revisited: Ho-hum food?
AWESOME! I’m not sure until when we can keep Sanctuario a secret place in Tagaytay. They just moved in to an unassuming place beside the tagaytay ukay-ukay place near the tagaytay circle just a month ago. If you don’t know the place you would not even venture to eat there. Since they just moved to a 50-person capacity place in the Tagaytay circle, some articles in the web would give directions in its original location beside the korean place along the tagaytay-Sta. Rosa road which is already closed now. Check this out –> Sanctuario, Tagaytay Photos
Here are 5 tips to truly enjoy a awesome dining in Sanctuario:
1. Call and reserve the best spots in the restaurants. Specially if you are a group of 10 or more, you definitely need to get the zen place! If you are a group of 5-10, you should reservce the ground floor spot with a view of tagaytay. If you are a group of 4 or less, the basement spot near the window should be cozy enough for
2. Killer Food. Forget your diet for the moment, you should try their signature dish of pasta bullalo. During my first time, my brother and wife tried their desserts and I should say you should not leave the place without trying their signature raisin bread and home made pinipig ice cream! (better than the choc nut ice cream available in the market). Sean, one of the manageing partners recommended also their Amadeo Barako Coffee which is the “best coffee in the world” according to him.
3. Allot ample time to enjoy a perfect meal. Sanctuario is one of those places where you take your time, savor the good food and enjoy the company of your friends. The ambience and the food is very conducive for conversations and just enjoying lunch or dinner time with your friends or family. This is where the restaurant got their name –> a solemn place for dining. This is also a good time to take pictures!
4. A good way to end your tagaytay excursion. I would suggest that this should be the highlight or the last place in your itinerary. In this way, you get a chance to savor the experience and uplift your mood on your way home (like the last song syndrome effect –> if there is such a thing as a last restaurant syndrome). This is a better alternative than starbucks for coffee and dessert.
5. The story of sanctuario. Each restaurant has a story and it would be good to read through this article so as to give a preview of what to expect in Sanctuario. Sanctuario Story
Managing Partners: Romil M. Martinez, M.D. and Sean Reyes
Tagaytay-Sta. Rosa Road Brgy. San Jose, Tagaytay City (Near tagaytay circle)
Telephone Number: +63-46-4130637
Mobile Number: +63917-5404799