Worth a try if your adventurous enough.
When I heard of the so-called Mt. Pinatubo Spa and volcanic sand shower, it was immediately on top of my list of destination. I’ve searched the internet and all I can find information about this place are press releases both in online or offline magazines. There are no decent directions that I even got lost all over the place before we arrive in the spa. Now I know what is the fuss about and what’s really novel about the sulfur sand shower experience:
- For $10 or P550, you get yourself buried under a hot sulfuric sand for 30-45 minutes.
- It suppose to cure skin ailments, and other stuff which I felt a marketing ploy but I’ll buy into it anyway.
- The sand came from Mt. Pinatubo and it is heated in a “pugon” way underneath it.
- To get the best experience, you need to strip down to your birthday suit so that you can feel the heat of the sand on your skin.
- It smells sulfur and not good for your lungs, so your face is covered with towel when they bury you.
- Once you are covered with sand, your entire body beats or throbs like your entire body is a heart.
- It is soothing that I actually slept throughout most of it.
- You will perspire so much that it is like sauna under the sand and somebody occasionally wipes the perspiration off your face
- The messy part is after you get out, you need to rest and take a shower to remove the sand.
- Frankly, I don’t feel any different after this, but it is sure a good “spa” experience.
Keep tune in to the series of post on the Mt. Pinatubo Spa (how to get there, what to expect, and what would be your budget)
7 thoughts on “What’s the fuss about the Sulfur Sand Shower?!”
you are correct there.. sulfur is bad for you.
Yes it’s a great destination, try to discover in Negros island the resort of Mambukal, its one of the best government resorts Negros has. Or while traveling in Bacolod, visit Palmas Del Mar resort, the best hotel/resort in Bacolod, Negros Occidental Philippines
Mabukal and Palmas Del Mar will surely be on my next list. Although, I’ve been hearing about that the beach sand is not great which dampens my excitement.
hi! this is kind of off topic, where i could email you? i’ve a special GC for 2 i’m selling, to lagen or miniloc island, el nido, palawan. you and wife, or any of your friends might be interested. very cheap! since i need the cash for christmas. 3d2n, good only till dec.17. please let me know via email@example.com. hope to hear from you soon, thanks!
Interesting pic..it reminds me of those baby-in-a-tele-tubby suits calendar that used to sell like hot cakes..hehe..
What a precious photo of you, Anton! It’s one of those keepers that you’ll look back on and thank your stars you decided to have taken.
@lori – Yeah, I guess you are right. I’ll probably make a printed version of this.
@Ivan – I find this interesting at the same time embarassing. But what the heck this is a blog anyway…