Our Awesome Planet and Pinoy Travel Blog presents OAP and PTB Live in the 11th Intl Phil. Balloon Fiesta in Clark Field Pampanga!
Just join us if you want to witness these Awesome Balloons and have fun with photo hobbyists. Here are the details:
What to expect?
A Day Trip full of fun and laughter with Photo Enthusiast and Travel Addicts
FREE Photography Lessons from Anton of Our Awesome Planet
This is a Photo-travel-cum-food trip in Pampanga. Let me tour you to sample the best of Pampanga cuisine 🙂
Bonus side trip to Zoobic in between the Hot Air Balloon departure/ arrival
How to Join?
Simply put a link to this post from your blog, multiply or friendster site expressing your interest to join us this coming February 10, Saturday. Call or Text me @ 0928 558 8500, Anton (for further questions)
You can cut and paste the html code below:
<a href=”https://awesome.blog/awesome/2007/01/balloon_fiesta_.html”>Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta </a>
Meet up: 3.30am (Yes!) at Shell North Luzon Expressway, February 10, 2007 Saturday
4am enroute to Omni Aviation, Clark Field Pampanga
5.30-7.30am Hot Air Balloon Takeoff Shoot out
8.00am – Breakfast @ VFW along Friendship Road (a secret cozy american place in Clark)
9.00am — Enroute to Zoobic in Subic
12.00nn — Lunch @ Meat Plus in Subic
3:00pm — Go back to Omni Aviation, Clark.
5.30pm-7.30pm Hot Air Balloon Arrival and Night Glow (Bring your tripods!)
8:00pm — Dinner is a surprise 🙂
What to bring:
Jacket (it is freezing in the morning)
BYOT – Bring your own transpo — we don’t plan to arrange a common transpo we will do convoy throughout
Photo Camera and preferably Tripod (if you have one)
PAYO – Pay as you order — you manage your own expenses. Bring 1,000/ head as a budget for this day trip event.
Check out the Photos below. Simply Awesome as Sidney would agree 🙂
Balloon Fiesta – 11th International Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
[10TH Hot Air Balloon Fiesta #1] The 5am Balloon Fiesta
[10TH Hot Air Balloon Fiesta #2] All Balloons Pumped Up, Up, Up and Away!
[10TH Hot Air Balloon Fiesta #3] What to do in the Balloon Fiesta?
10th Philippine International Hotair Balloon Fiesta (PIHBF) @ near Clark
The Venue @ Main Clark Airport
Schedule from official Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Site
Feb. 10 – THIRD FIESTA DAY
Sat. – Hot Air Balloon Flight
5:30 AM – 7:00 AM
– AFP Sky Diving Exhibition 7:00 AM – 7:30 AM
– Ultra-light aircraft Fly-By from Angeles City Flying Club 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM
– Aerobatic Exhibition by Meynard Halili and Bill Wright 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
– Helicopter Flying Exhibition 9:30 AM -10:00 AM
– Missionary HelioSTOL aircraft Demo by Summer Institute of Linguistic 10:00 AM -10:30 AM – Paragliding Exhibition by French and Malaysian team 10:30 AM -11:00 AM
– AOPA-P Light Airplane Balloon Bursting competition 11:00 AM -12:30 PM
– Choreographed Kite Flying demonstration by Fort Boni Sport Kite Com 12:30 PM- 1:30 PM
– Angeles City Flying Club Ultra-Light Flying display 1:30 PM- 2:30 PM
– Gyro Plane Flying but Gyroplane Rotorcraft 2:30 PM- 3:15 PM
– AFP Sky Diving Exhibition 3:15 PM – 3:45 PM
– Aerobatic Display by Meynard Halili and Bill Wright 3:45 PM –4:30 PM
– CTRM Flight display 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM
– Ultra Light Fly By of the Angeles City Flying Club 5:00 PM – 5:30 PM
– RC helicopter flying demonstration by Rufino 5:30 PM – 5:45 PM
– Hot Air Balloon Flight 5:45 PM – 6:15 PM
– Hot Air Balloon Night Glow 6:45 PM – 7:30 PM
Feb. 11 LAST FIESTA DAY
Sun – Hot Air Balloon flight 5:30 AM- 7:00 AM
– AFP Sky- Diving Exhibition 7:00 AM- 7:30 AM
– Rocketry Demo by Arnel Noel 7:30 AM – 7:45 AM
– Ultra-light Aircraft Fly-By 7:45 AM- 8:30 AM
– Aerobatic Exhibition by Meynard Halili and Bill Wright 8:30 AM- 9:30 AM
– Missionary Helio- STOL aircraft Demo 9:30 AM-10:00 AM
– Helicopter Flying exhibition 10:00 AM-10:30 AM
– AFP Sky Diving Exhibition 10:30 AM-11:00 AM
– AOPA-P Light Airplane Balloon Bursting Competition 11:00 AM –12:30 PM
– Choreographed Kite flying Demonstration 12:30 PM- 1:30 PM
– Ultra-Light Flour Bombing Competition 1:30 PM- 2:30 PM
– RC Airplane flying Demonstration by Alvin Alcantara 2:30 PM- 3:00 PM – Aerobatic Exhibition by Meynard Halili and Bill Wright 3:00 PM- 4:00PM
– CTRM Flight Display 4:00 PM- 4:45 PM
– Gyro Plane Flight Demo by Gyro Plane Rotorcraft 4:45 PM –5:30 PM
– Hot Air Balloon flight 5:30 PM- 6:45 PM
– Crew and award night party 7:30 PM-
23 thoughts on “Balloon Fiesta – 11th International Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta”
ill be going too anton!! although i might not catch the 5am hot air balloon flight on saturday.. i cant wait for the afternoon arrival! 🙂 yay yay yay! see you!!
p.s. will dinner be at aling lucings? hahaha if so, sama ako! 😀
Can I just sign up without adding the link to the blog bit? Also I don’t have transportation, if anyone who’s going doesn’t mind my hitching with them, please let me know. Thanks! This will be so much fun!
count me in po! it’s a nice way to kick off my “birthweek.” hehehe… cya!
sayang, i’ll be in davao!
love your foodie itinerary though….
you meant VFW and its Shit on a Shingle, right?
and the ohmygawd Burgers at Meat Plus.
i’ll look forward to the pix!!!
Sana pwede rin common transpo, a van perhaps, like Mila, I don’t have transpo too.
VMV I suppose should have been VFW?
hi! my gf and i plan to go there on the first day, Thursday. Is it fun to be there on a weekday considering there will be more activities in the weekend? How far is Zoobic from the venue? Thanks 🙂 I enjoy reading your blog.
Nice pic! Let’s go bro!
Thanks for posting this info. I’m thinking of going on Sunday. BTW, I’m not sure if you’ve seen this already, but the Digital Photography School recently posted a guide on Air Show Photography. =)
hi, anton! i already posted my entry on my blog regarding this day trip. i so want to go! 😛
so posting the entry means i can join the convoy na? 🙂
pls reply soon. keep up the good blogging!
We will also watch the balloon festival but unfortunately we can’t join you since we will be with other family members.
We want to try some of the food you recommended in your best of Pampanga cuisine entry. Pls. inform me of the address of Aling Mely’s Sisig, Jun-jun’s bbq and Aurely’s. Are they far from Clark and far from each other?
Thanks in advance and see you there =D
I want to go! I want to go! …I want to bring my daughter with me to ride the hot air balloon. Would you know how much is the cost for the hot air balloon ride? Would they allow a 4yr. old to ride?
Thanks for the info. 🙂
I have posted the link on my multiply site. Can you please give me the details of the trip? How many companions can I bring? What do we need to prepare and bring?
I posted the link in my multiply site as well! 😀 I’ll be going with a few friends of mine.
See you then! 😀
Would you know if there will be hot air balloons which is open for the public to ‘sample ride’?
paki suportahan naman po ang lone entry ng pinas sa Philippine Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
For those who want to try Aling Lucing’s sisig, they have an outlet at the Food Court of SM Clark, near the Sizzling Plate. Also a must try at SM Clark is the Roti at Michele’s Bake Shop, by the Entertainment Place, near Sizzling Plate and SM Appliance. The Roti is always sold out once it’s out of the oven. Good luck with the Roti.
hi! I am really, really excited on this event, we are palnning to go thre on the last day.. but we dont know if there are fees that we need to pay or we can just go there anytime since we have our own vehicle. Pls enlighten me, my son would really love to see those balloons thanks..
I heard on GMA7 news last night that there’s an entrance fee of P100 and a ride on the hot air balloon would cost USD150 (not sure if that’s per person or per balloon).
Can anybody tell me how much is the entrance fee? Is it 100 or 150 pesos? Also what is “CTRM”? Thanks!
Feb. 21, 2007
Hi! If there is anyone who rents out Hot Air Balloons in Pampanga area for just 1-3 hour ride only. please call or text me at 0917-5376187
Hi,Good place for taking the ride.Especially air balloon ride is a nice experience to take ride.Thanks!
Riding in a hot air balloon is one of the more relaxing, rewarding and memorable adventures I’ve experienced. Thanks for sharing such a nice blog. I enjoyed it a lot.