After 2 years of travelling in China, Euro Star Carnival is back in town with more rides for the kids and more attractions. It is rebranded as Global Fun Carnival and located beside Mall of Asia. Global Fun Carnival is now targetted for the entire family with adult thrill rides from Europe and with the kids ride proudly made in the Philippines. For those who missed this carnival two years ago, the carnival will be open to entertain the Filipino family until January 15, 2008.
I was invited to feature Global Fun Carnival and I did not waste any moment in accepting it. I knew it would be awesome since this is the same Eurostar Carnival that was at the Fort . The owners of the carnival are the same people who run Kidz Republic in Mall of Asia; and they are bringing in Barney show this December. I invited my brother to take some fun shots and of course, I surprised Aidan by bringing him to the Carnival. Rache joined us last Tuesday night and apparently, syoti Josh wanted to join us too — so he waited one more day before coming out the very next day.
We would always have a surprise or magic for Aidan. Everytime we go out, if he was a good boy, we would surprise him with a fun kid’s place or a new place to cha cha (to eat). After each surprise, we would sing “If you’re happy and you know it, you clap your hands (or stomp your feet)” and if he claps his hands we know that he was happy with our surprise.
I would like to share with you this Definitive Guide to the Global Fun Carnival so that you can plan and have an awesome time in this Carnival. Enjoy! Please let me know if you have comments or further add to this guide…
Definitive Guide to the Global Fun Carnival, Mall of Asia
10 Tips to have an awesome time in Global Fun Carnival
1. Always bring your SM Advantage card, Prestige or BDO Rewards Card which entitles you to a P50 off ride-all-you-can ticket. This is only applicable for the cardholder. Another promo is to just buy P500 worth of goods from SM Mall of Asia establishments to avail P50 off.
2. Check wunderground.com for the weather forecast to ensure that rain won’t spoil your fun time.
3. Save up for your carnival trip about P500/head. It costs P250 (Mon-Thurs) or P300 (Weekends and in December) which excludes the attractions (P60 each), the inflatables, and food.
4. You are not allowed to bring food and drinks inside. Some families would bring food in the car and eat in the parking lot. Don’t eat a full meal before going to the carnival.
5. The best time to go is from Mondays to Thursdays to avoid the mad crowd.
6. All the rides are operational except for the Booster which is being repaired.
7. On weekdays, it closes at 11pm promptly so 30 minutes before they would start to close down the rides and attractions.
8. They originally planned to bring in the Transformers but they had a dispute with the cost of the rides. So instead, they are bringing in the Land of the Giants in December.
9. For ticket inquiries, group sales and reservations, call 401 4741 to 43.
10. For photographers, bring your tripod and be there before the sun sets at 5pm onwards or during Friday-Sunday at 7pm in time for the SM MOA fireworks.
For the Brave Ones – Adult Thrill Rides
Booster. Unfortunately, the booster was destroyed when a tornado hit China. There are only 2 booster rides in the world. One of them lies at the back of the carnival and they are trying to repair it. (See the booster in action)
For the Kids and Kids @ Heart – Family and Children’s Rides
Spaceship Ride. Is this
Mazinger Z Grandizer or one of those anime robots? Aidan had to hang on because this ride kinda jerking up and down that made me wonder if Aidan liked this on or can’t wait for the ride to be over.
Attractions For the “Carnival Date”
So far there are 5 attractions that you have to pay separately P60/each. The horror attractions relive the Big Bang sa Alabang days where you go into a horror house and somebody would scare you. You have to try one specially if you are on a date. This was an old trick where you bring your date to a horror place and she would seek the protection of your arms from the scary elements. Ha-ha!
Jurrasic Park. This is a horror obstacle course which we thought was for kids but Aidan got scared (so we don’t recommend it for kids his age). We requested not to do the surprise acts since the surroundings itself was already scary for Aidan.
Carribean Pirates. This is a horror obstacle course where nobody chases you because of the elaborate cabin setup inside. We took some pictures below to give you an idea what is inside these attractions.
I sincerely hope you enjoy your visit to Global Fun Carnival!