HOW CAN YOU BE A PART OF THE EARTH HOUR GLOBAL EVENT?
At 8:30 PM on 28 March 2009, cities and towns all over the world will switch off their lights for one hour—EARTH HOUR—sending a powerful global message that it is possible to take action on global warming.
You can help and participate in this global call to action on global warming by switching off your lights during Earth Hour, and do more by getting more and more people to make a difference on climate change.
For Local Government Units:
- Switch off lights in major thoroughfares and landmarks in your areas of jurisdiction during Earth Hour, if and when possible.
- Mobilize your communities to switch off their lights in their households.
- Mobilize stakeholders in organizing Earth Hour events in your city or community.
- Switch off your corporate signages and/or majority or all of the lights at your headquarters and facilities during Earth Hour.
- Encourage your employees to switch off lights in their households during Earth Hour.
- Place standard Earth Hour banners/streamers in your building facade and facilities that are seen or accessed by the public as part of awareness building.
- Use your communication channels to promote Earth Hour.
For the Church/NGOs/Civil Society/Academe:
- Encourage your networks and communities to switch off the lights in their households during Earth Hour.
- Mobilize your networks and communities to participate at the Earth Hour Countdown Event to be held at the SM Mall of Asia on March 28, 2009, from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- Organize your own Earth Hour event in your community or locality to widen the reach of the campaign, and relate this event with your own environmental programs and other advocacies.
- Use various communication channels to promote Earth Hour.
Earth Hour is a major call to action for every individual, community, business, and government to act and ensure a sustainable future. Join us as we unite with the world in taking a stand on global warming.
For more information, please visit http://www.earthhour.org.
Live an Awesome Life,