12/26/2019: New Year’s Eve Party Ideas: Manila Countdown to 2020! 1. The Biggest New Year’s Eve Concert @ Eastwood Grand New Year Countdown Eastwood organizes the Best New Year’s Eve Concert in Manila. The Official Quezon City Countdown will be in Eastwood Mall from 5pm of December 31 to the morning of January 1. Eastwood is said to be throwing the best New Year’s eve concert featuring K 24/7, Kiss Jane and Dream Carousel, True Faith, Side A, Freestyle and Journey’s frontman Arnel Pineda with The Ammo Band. It will be hosted by Cesca Litton and KC Montero. There will be free photo booths, videoke booths and other sponsored activities. For inquiries, call the Eastwood Mall Concierge: +632 709-9888, + 63 917-8380111. 2. New Year Fireworks @ Mall of Asia! The annual countdown of GMA-7 will happen in Mall of Asia, hosted by Tim Yap. At 11pm, there will be a 3-minute fireworks show to start off the GMA-7 telecast and a 15-minute Grand Fireworks show at 12 midnight. The Mall of Asia Veranda restaurants are accepting reservations already. On New Year’s day itself, MOA will have the annual grand Mascot Parade around the mall. If you are looking for fireworks, this is the place to be. Sadly, it seems like Makati and Bonifacio Global City won’t have any fireworks activities. 🙁 3. Balloon Drop @ Peninsula New Year’s Eve Gala Ball & Dinner The most elegant New Year’s Eve celebrations always happen at The Peninsula. It starts with a lobby buffet from 9am to 12mn with a live band as entertainment. At 12 midnight, the balloon drops to welcome 2011! The price ranges from: P6,700++ with champagne, P6,200++ without champagne, and P3,700++ for kids 12 years old and below. The newly opened Salon de Ning will have a P1,500++ consumable drinks and Asian-inspired tapas promo from 7pm – 2am. To reserve, call The Peninsula: +632 887 2888 local 3758. 4. 2011 Ultimate New Year’s Eve Countdown Party @ Mandarin Oriental 6.30pm -10.30pm Dinner Buffet Paseo Uno – P2,390 nett (adult), P1,190 nett (child) Tin Hau – Set Menus P1,580 nett to P2,930 nett The Tivoli – P3,900 nett (adult), P1,900 nett (child) 11.00 pm Cocktails at Mo Lobby Lounge 11.45 pm Countdown by Sinosikat along Makati Avenue 12.15 am Celebrate 2011 with DJ Cocoy Ouyat at Martinis To reserve, call Mandarin Oriental: +632 750 8888. 5. Crossover Buffet Dinner & New Year’s Eve Countdown @ Dusit Thani I love the Crossover Buffet Dinner where you can eat the best Thai food at Benjarong, the best Japanese food at Umu, the best Italian food at Tosca, and the Best Continental/Filipino food at Basix. (Tip: Reserve your seats in one of the private rooms of Umu.) Dusit Thani will have a concert with music from the Manila Sound Project, the group of Philippine musical legends — Hotdog, Hagibis and VST & Co., and Operation Smile singing ambassadress and miracle patient Chadleen Lacdo-o. New Year’s Eve Countdown – P3,800 nett per person. To reserve, call Dusit Thani: +632 238-8888. 6. The best New Year’s Eve Club Party will be at Republiq located in Newport Mall (in front of Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3). MYMP will be performing at Bar 360, leading to the NY’s Eve countdown. Real Groove Band will be performing at Genting Club, leading to the NY’s Eve countdown. The New Year’s Eve Club Party will be at Republiq (vs. Encore) with Tim Yap, at 3am in the club. Note: There won’t be any fireworks since they are located beside an airport. 7. Other New Year’s Eve Parties around the Metro:
- Shangri-La Makati’s Lobby Lounge Countdown (P5,000++) Buffet dinner with 3 performers: Arthur Manuntag, Karylle Padilla, and Version 4.0 Band Conways Bar Countdown with Kudos Loves 80’s band. To reserve, call Makati Shangri-La: +632 813-8888.
- Sofitel’s New Year’s Eve Party (P7,231.94 nett adult, P3,615.97 nett child) Spirals Buffet starting at 6.30pm with music from Brown Inc. and trio with Ms. Rowena Barcelona as vocalist. There will be fireworks and a balloon drop at 12 midnight. To reserve tickets, call Sofitel Philippine Plaza: +632 832-6988.
- Diamond Hotel’s New Year’s Eve Party @ 27th Floor Sky Lounge P750 nett, 2 drinks with music from Street Beat and DJ Corniche (lobby coffee shop) has a special P2,011 nett New Year’s Eve Dinner. To reserve, call Diamond Hotel: +632 528-3000.
- Hyatt Hotel and Casino Manila’s Year End Party Dinner: Fireplace P4,500 7-course dinner with wagyu, Lili’s 8-course dinner – P1,688 nett minimum of 2 persons, Marketplace Buffet Dinner P1,888 nett (child- half price). 33rd floor Roof top New Year’s Eve Party: P800 walk-in, P600 nett in-house and restaurant patrons with DJ music and dance performance from Hotlegs. You’ll see a bird’s eyeview of all the fireworks around Manila. To reserve, call Hyatt Hotel: +632 245-1234 loc. 7818.
- Greenhills and Tiendesitas will close on December 31, 8am. There will be fireworks at the Greenhills Night Market on December 30th.
- Ayala Malls, Makati City, and Bonifacio Global City do not have any official New Year’s Countdown activities. 🙁
- ABS-CBN does not have an official countdown activity for New Year’s Eve yet? They usually cover the different New Year’s eve celebrations. I’m still waiting for confirmation from anybody from ABS-CBN, but they seem to be ignoring my inquiry. 🙁
- ABS-CBN’s Official Countdown 2011 will be in Luneta for the first time this year.
Let me know in the comments section if there is a New Year’s Eve Party that I missed that’s worth checking out in Manila. Happy Holidays! Live an Awesome Life, Founder, www.OurAwesomePlanet.com Call or Text Me: +63917 5683-627 (LOVE-OAP) Follow Me FacebookTwitterFlickrYoutube Full Disclosure: Nothing to disclose. I’m not related to, connected with or compensated by any of the establishments mentioned above. P.S. Where will you be spending your New Year’s Eve? Our family will rest and celebrate New Year in the East Coast of Luzon.