Rockwell UTT Winner #17:
THE FLYING CHEF CASA EMPANADA
118 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
136 foodies rated 4- I love it!
94 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
50 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
10 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
At first, I dismissed this as just another empanada. But during the Rockwell UTT, when I asked people about their top bets, they kept voting for the chocolate bacon empanada.
I finally tried it and liked the contrasting sweet and salty flavors. It was the first time I tasted this combination used in an empanada. This would be good to bring to potluck parties or give as a foodie gift this Christmas. 🙂
Congratulations to The Flying Chef’s Casa Empanada for winning in Rockwell’s Ultimate Taste Test!
The Story of Casa Empanada
by Katz Lazaro
Ham and Cheese Empanada: box with 5 pieces – P175
Chocolate and Bacon Empanadita: box with 6 pieces – P100
- ham & cheese=excellent, bacon & chocolate = super excellent
- crust too thick
- love the flavors inside
- i couldn’t tell that there was bacon; ham & cheese was good
- too sweet
- i can’t taste the ham or the cheese
- crunchy pastry but not earth shattering
- chocolate & bacon WIN!
- chocobacon great. wish there was more bacon
- cute empanadas & delicious
- choc +bacon was unique
- choco&bacon YUM
- bacon and chocolate needs more bacon
- bacon choco! very good!
- bacon -choco is unfair!
- bacon 2 chocolate<3!!! very flavorful & crust was just right
- i didn’t appreciate it, just strange
- choco & bacon not a good combo!
- tastes good but nothingspectacular. chocolate one is better
- love the choco & bacon
- loved the choco bacon combo!
- <3 choco & bacon!
- chocolate & bacon FTW!
- love bacon & chocolate
- i love the nutella & bacon!
- nothing different from other empanada
- i like ham & cheese
- choco empanada was good
- love the ham & cheese
- nutella & bacon was really good
- a new twist to empanada
- chocolate & ham &cheese empanada is <3
- good chocolate & bacon
- the chocobacon was yummy!
- great flavor, taste
- tastes good more cheese flavor for the H&C
- nothing great!
- really tasty
- doesn’t quite work well together
- like the crunchy taste
- choco & bacon
- choco empanada was unique & good
- flaky pastry! sarap!
- taste is good. a bit oily. choco & bacon was not good.
- ham & cheese 5, choco & bacon 5,
- surprised that it tastes really good
- love the choco bacon!
- great crispiness
- chocolate a little dry otherwise delicious
- choco empanada is unique
- i enjoyed choco & bacon
- loved the bacon & chocolate
- BACON + CHOCO = EVIL. LOVE IT!!!
- bacon & choco is good!
- i liked the chocobacon
- loved the bacon & chocolate empanada
- it is delicious
- ham & cheese not special
- great crust!
- the chocolate was awesome!
- VERY GOOD
- love the chocolate empanada
- this is soooo good!
- bacon+chocolate was too much! tone down the choco
- YUM YUM
- very innovative. choco & bacon was delicious
- good for snacking. bite size too!
- i love love love this perfect size & would be great as gifts
- love the chocobacon empanada
- <3 chocobacon
- the dough was great
- bacon &chocolate was a winner!
- chocolate and bacon empanada rocks!
- the choco flavor overpowered the ham
- i HEART this
- love the choco bacon.
- chocolate bacon is good specially when newly cooked
- liked the bacon
- very good
- SUPER GOOD PASTRY love the chocobacon
- ham & cheese was better
- chocolate empanada = heaven!
- flaky & buttery crust! YUM!
- crunchy crust
- yummy choco bacon
- small but good
- love the serving size
- love it! 🙂
- chocolate+bacon perfect!
- orgasmic 🙂
- great & it really tastes good
- love the combo of choco & bacon
- chocolate & bacon was nice
- ham & cheese i like more!
- yummy cheese & bacon
- average flavor
- sarap ng bread crust
- the best in the bazaar
- (4) for the choco empanada
- very good crust
- choco+bacon rocks! 1st to provide hot food!
- Love it!
- love the ham and cheese
- chocolate empanada tasted weird
- the ham & cheese was too mushy
- smooth choco!
- can explore more on the flavors
- winning ham & cheese
- nutella empanada
- choco bacon
- i recommend it!
- chocolate was weird
- choco & bacon yummy!
- vg 🙂
- choco +bacon good!
- i like the choco + bacon
- bacon & nutella do go well together
- cheese is good. what’s the other one?
- very ordinary
- i love empanada mas better
- chocolate and bacon!!!
- nutella is overwhelming
- could be better
- no bacon naman
- a bit bread-y
- bacon and chocolate
- choco + bacon is good
- i wish empanada was softer
- bacon+ chocolate
- too heavy
- yummy flaky empanada
- didn’t get too many kasi i don’t eat pork, freshly cooked though!:)
- choco is different
- too sweet
- ham &cheese was ok, wish they used more bacon in the other empanada
- goes well with beer!
- buttery, filling
- great crust. don’t like choco
- bland, chocolate was ok
- choco+bacon super surprisingly good!
- so so taste but looks cute
- can’t recognize the bacon’s with the chocolate
- not so special
The Flying Chef
9 B. Soliven Ave. II, Loyola Grand Villas, Quezon City
Telephone: +632 399-0282
Mobile: +63 929 588-2055 (Just look for Tin)
Live an Awesome Life,
Call or Text Me: +63917 5683-627 (LOVE-OAP)
Follow Me FacebookTwitterFlickr Youtube
- a Rockwell UTT Winner Certificate;
- a winner feature in Our Awesome Planet; and
- a guaranteed spot in any of the Mercato Centrale markets. 🙂
P.P.S. The next Ultimate Taste Test event will be held on November 17, 7pm in Mercato Centrale.
Related OAP Blog Posts:
OAP | The Ultimate Food Trip happens in Rockwell on September 3
OAP | The Foodies’ Guide to Rockwell’s Ultimate Taste Test
OAP | My Cheers Moments @ Rockwell’s Ultimate Taste Test
Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by:
Photo and Video Sponsor: