Read First: ART IN ISLAND: 50 Absolutely Stunning 3D Art in Manila!
ART IN ISLAND is the biggest 3D Museum in Asia as far as number of 3D paintings is concerned, and can be found in Cubao, Quezon City. The biggest in terms of area is the 3D Museum in Jeju Island in Korea at 4,100 sqm, versus the 3,800 sqm of Art in Island.
It’s a museum with visually stunning 3D artworks that you can touch, interact with, and be part of. It was founded by Yun Jae Kyoung and his Korean partners, with 14 3D artists from Korea working on all the paintings in 4 months.
Here are 10 Tips on how to have an awesome 3D Art experience at Art in Island…
1. Bring your own slippers. Shoes aren’t allowed to avoid damage to the artworks on the floor. They give you a pair of slippers to wear throughout, but you can bring your own to complement your outfit.
2. Find the right vantage point. You’ll see the magic if you take the shot from the right vantage point.
3. Plan your outfit. Make sure you wear something that matches the paintings.
4. Set up your photo. Take time to plan and set up your shot. You can check out this gallery for a complete list of 3D Artworks at the museum.
5. Allot 2 hours. There are about 180+ 3D paintings on 2 floors. You would need at least 2 hours to explore all of them.
6. Imagine your shot. Get inspiration beforehand from other 3D illusions, like this Mirror Room.
7. Have fun. Interact with the paintings and unleash your creative and fun side.
8. Emote. Don’t forget to act the part and immerse yourself in the scene.
9. Take both landscape and portrait shots. Sometimes a portrait shot works better than a landscape one.
10. Create your Christmas Greeting Photo. It’s a great place to shoot your Christmas Greeting photo to be shared to your friends on Christmas Day.
ART IN ISLAND 3D Art Museum
15th Avenue, Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines (At the back of Cubao Expo)
Telephone: +632 421-1356
Facebook: Art in Island
Operating Hours: 9.30am to 9.30pm
Maximum of 120 people at any one time.
Entrance Fee: P500/head walk-in, P400/head for students
Note: There is no exact date for the opening (may be before Christmas).
Live an Awesome Life,
Disclosure: Our sneak peek was courtesy of Art in Island. I wrote this article with my biases, opinions, and insights. Read Our Awesome Planet Complete Disclosure Policy here.
P.S. It would be nice to have a music video shot in Art in Island…
P.P.S. The photo above is an example of how NOT to take a photo with the 3D paintings. #FAIL
16 thoughts on “3D ART MANIA in Manila: 10 Tips to have an Awesome 3D Art Experience at Art in Island!”
Wow, this artwork is amazing, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun in there. Hopefully I can see this place one day.
Pretty neat Art Exhibit. Are they on a limited engagement only or they’re here for good? The place is an LRT2 ride from where I live.
It is a permanent museum.
Amazing photos, so realistic! Thanks for sharing.
Are wheelchairs allowed inside 3d art island museum in cubao? I plan to bring my parents both in their senior years now to see the museum
how much is the ticket po each person?
how much is the ticket each person?
Can anyone please share the exact name of the place and the address thank you!
Feel free as well to visit Riverbanks Center museums on the weekends: Belen Museum, Museum of Miniatures, Joey Velasco Gallery, Philippine Science Centrum and Guinness Book of World Records’ Largest pair of shoes.
Web page: http://riverbankscenter.com/learn-play
wow such a nice photos i have never seen this kind of photos in my life..but where is the exhibition..
are you open during weekends?
are you open, saturday’s ? & can we still avail the student entrance on saturday’s ? & what is the basic needs yo avail the student entrace fee.
Amazing, should we have to bring our own camera? Is there somebody who will guide and take picture of us?
How much each per person.?
my grandson is going in field trip and we go in that museum
There are more museums to visit near this museum: http://riverbankscenter.com/learn-play