(Read first: Ultimate Taste Test X @ Rockwell: Foodie’s Cheat Sheet)
UTT X: Rockwell Winner #8:
144 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
108 foodies rated 4- I love it!
91 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
33 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
4 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
CHOW FUN, Chef Francis Lim’s new resto, attempts to introduce the new generation of Filipinos to a Modern “Playful” Chinese Food concept. This is his second restaurant after his successful Modern Thai resto called NAV in the Brgy. Kapitolyo Food Street.
He is the first cousin of my wife, and their family certainly knows what yummy Chinese cuisine is all about. 🙂
In UTT X, many foodies raved about his oozing chocolate buchi creation and the unique sweet-salty twist to fried chicken. Try the complete menu in his Little Baguio resto soon!
Congratulations, CHOW FUN, for winning in Rockwell’s Ultimate Taste Test X!
Related Blog Post: NAV Modern Thai Cuisine Reunion
The Story behind CHOW FUN:
What Foodies Say About Your Food:
- Chicken is good w/ beer
- Sauce not fit
- Best booth in the bazaar
- Park Chocolate & buchi.. Who would die thoughts
- Sauce is good, love the buchi
- Yummy chicken! Flavor is divine
- Sauce is also good. Buchi the best!
- Yummy Chicken, great Buchi
- Chicken is perfect! Buchi is a bit starchy
- Awesome Buchi!
- A little sour
- Dark choco buchi! Yum!
- Delicious Chicken! 1st time I liked buchi
- Great Flavor
- Buchi was hard
- Great Chicken & buchi
- Really like flavor of chicken
- Love the dark chocolate buchi
- Good! Food! Best served hot!
- Great! Super sarap
- Really good
- the buchi is 5/5
- I like the concept coz it’s unique but i find it sweet
- Chicken fry was really tasty
- Buchi is amazing
- I’m not a fan
- Cool food creative
- The chicken was good
- I didn’t like how the chicken tasted but the choco buchi was great
- So tasty
- chicken was good
- too sweet
- too salty chicken, buchi is good
- the spice exploded in my mouth
- a bit salty
- great chicken sauce, awesome sleeve
- needs more ice cream
- love the dark choco
- just tasted the truffles no chicken
- taste good
- chix is great
- the cinnamon chicken is very good
- loved it
- the buchi itself can do a little more flavor
- choco buchi it was good
- extra ordinary
- im giving both buchi and chicken a 5 star
- pang pulutan
- I like how it’s salty and sweet at the same time
- buchi is good
- love reminds me (of) shanghai
- love it
- best buchi evar
- Too Salty
- Yum! Buchi
- Slightly Overseasoned
- Less salt
- We’ll definitely come back
- chicken love
- Very nice excellent dessert!
- Very Good!
- Best Buchi Ever!
- Buchi is too sweet
- Too oozy.
- Good buchi
- Fun and Sweet.
- Loved the dark chow buchi.
- Sobrang sarap ng chicken.
- Awesome chicken.
- Chicken is one of a kind!
CHOW FUN Modern Chinese Bistro
103 J.Abad Santos, Little Baguio, San Juan
Chef Francis Lim
Mobile: +63 917 550-1191
Related Blog Post: NAV Modern Thai Cuisine Reunion
Ultimate Taste Test X: 2nd Rockwell UTT Winners:
- NEW ZEALAND ICE CREAM’s Hokey Pokey and Macadamia Supreme
- BAYANI BREW’s Purple Leaf Tea! A Proud Product of Gawad Kalinga Enchanted Farm 🙂
- VILLA DEL CONTE’s Milk Chocolate with Hazelnut Chips & Dark Chocolate with Coffee Cream
- SKEW U’s USDA Angus Tapa 🙂
- BLUE TOQUE’s Nutella Mousse Cake!
- CARLO’S KITCHEN’s Crunchy Belly!
- EVERYDAY MOM. Healthy and Yummy. Naturally!
- CHOW FUN’s Chicken Fry & Dark Chocolate Buchi
- MASATAMI SHAVE ICE’s Swiss Cheese & Peanut & Black Sesame Duo
- SAINT’S ALP Blueberry Double Chocolate
- SWIZZLE’s Rainbow Shot & Caramel Beer 🙂
- THE FRUIT GARDEN’s Berry Dream & Tropical Paradise Jam
Follow @antondiaz in Twitter and @OurAwesomePlanet in Instagram.
Like our Official Facebook Page: Our Awesome Planet 🙂
If you have tips on awesome food and travel destinations, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for following and supporting Our Awesome Planet!
Full Disclosure: Our Awesome Planet’s Ultimate Taste Test is a gathering of different food and drink concessionaires who give a free taste of their goodies that are already in the market, have just been launched or will soon be launched. The atmosphere is festive and everybody will have a good time giving in to all kinds of gustatory delights. Foodies become food critics and rate the food sampled on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest. The top participants are featured in Our Awesome Planet. (Read: Ultimate Taste Test X @ Rockwell: Foodie’s Cheat Sheet)
P.S. Thanks to our sponsors for the Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test X Event!
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by:
Thanks to Multiply!
2 thoughts on “CHOW FUN’s Chicken Fry & Dark Chocolate Buchi”
Hi, Anton how are you? This is also a good place to eat. I love to eat Chinese dishes, too. The restaurant is also good for family gatherings, reunions, and other occasions. Minsan, kailangan mo ring mamasyal para makita mo iyong mga bagong lugar at kainan.
Congratulations, Chow Fun! Since this UTT, you’ve definitely gotten even more delicious! Love the lechon macau rice (and I don’t like fried rice!) and that egg kuchay is just sublime! Now craving for more of your delicious food! Keep up the delicious creativity!