UTT 12: Rockwell Winner #3: (Main Dish)
127 foodies rated 5- Awesome! I would recommend it!
102 foodies rated 4- I love it!
77 foodies rated 3- We had a good time.
14 foodies rated 2- It is OK.
2 foodies rated 1- Thanks, but it could be better.
We like Dulcelin Gourmet‘s Red Rice with Shrimp Shiso & Quail Eggs, which is similar to Thailand’s Miang Kham snack. It comes with different flavors that complement and balanced each other out, in a small, bite size form. This is a popular appetizer in their restaurant at UP Town Center.
Dulcelin is famous for their Mango Torte, but foodies also love their Cacao con Leche. 🙂
Congratulations to Ricky and Mico Morelos for winning the #3 top spot in Ultimate Taste Test 12!
6-Time Ultimate Taste Test Winner:
UTT 1.0: Dulcelin Gourmet Specialties (UTT Rating: 4.6) – Overall Winner
UTT 3: Dulcelin Gourmet Specialtie (UTT Rating: 3.8) – Overall Winner
UTT 4: As usual, Dulcelin Rocks! (UTT Rating: 4.1)
UTT 5: Ultimate Taste Test 5.0 Overall Winners! (UTT Rating: 3.86)
UTT 7: Dulcelin Gourmet’s Honeyed Beef Bourguignon and Shrimp & Uni Pasta (UTT Rating: 3.74)
UTT 12: DULCELIN GOURMET: Red Rice with Shrimp Shiso & Quail Eggs (UTT Rating: 4.05) – Top #3 Winner
The Dulcelin Story by Ricky Morelos
Dulcelin Gourmet started as a Christmas holiday only venture in 1991 selling traditional favorites such as ensaimadas, fruitcakes, cookies and bars. In 2001, we released the famous Mango Torte and there was such a huge demand for the product that we decided to make a business with what was previously just a hobby.
We have grown throughout the years and we have become a household name not only for the Mango Torte, Strawberry Cake and other desserts, but for our savory products as well. With classic dishes such as the lengua, callos and chicken relleno to the more modern fare as the Wagyu Tritip, 48 Hour Beef Shortribs, the Red Rice Salad and more, we have redefined the concept of quality take-out cuisine.
We have recently put up our first restaurant, Dulcelin Gourmet, in the Ayala UP Town Center Mall. This restaurant opened last October 2013 and has been receiving very good reviews for both savory dishes and desserts. For more details of our menu, please visit www.dulcelin.com.
What Foodies Say About Dulcelin Gourmet:
- Real groumet fare!
- Love the cake.
- Interesting mixture of flavors.
- Rice is good.
- Small egg is amazing.
- Shiso’s flavor is overpowering other ingredients.
- Both very good!
- Best dish.
- The rice and shrimp are excellent.
- It’s something new.
- Texture was a bit mushy and I didn’t like the aftertaste.
- I can eat these for the rest of my life.
- I love the quail egg.
- OMG! Balanced.
- Cake is too sweet.
- Red hot salad is the best.
- Delicious! Well-balanced Asian flavor.
- Gourmet! Yummy!
- Shrimp = Yum!
- The rice dish was superb!
- The roll was surprisingly good.
- The egg is tasty.
- Savory rice alone is great, but the shrimp and the soft-boiled egg won me over.
- Cake = delicious, Rice = wow
- It’s very delightful.
- The cake was great, good salad.
- Nice presentation.
- Rice + Shrimp = Different/Flavorful
- Love the cacao de leche.
- Quail egg tastes good.
- Didn’t like spicy taste of shrimp.
- A little too much spice.
- I like the spiciness! Balanced flavor. I like the dessert, so moist.
- Love the combination with the leaf.
- Nothing new.
- Unique recipes.
- Interesting mix of flavors and decadent choco cake. 🙂
- The overall presentation is good but the food is not that yummy.
- Medyo malupet.
- Super yummy red rice salad. Love the contrast of the spiciness and the creaminess of the rice.
- Great as always.
- Tastes like maki.
- Close to 5.
- Shrimp was perfectly cooked.
- The shrimp’s sweetness complements the quail egg.
- Basta… sarap!
- Unique! Sarap ng salad.
- The leaf thing is great.
- Good concept, healthy dessert.
36 Times Street, West Triangle Quezon City
Mobile: +63 917-5382409, +63 917 535-2592, +63 917 513-8822
Telephone: +632 374-2165 or 67
Other Pickup Locations/Outlet:
Delicacies Village Tiendesitas, Pasig +63 917 810-2288
Food Choices, Glorietta, Makati +63 917 519-2288
11 Garfield Street, Greenhills West Village, San Juan +632 584-2185
324 Cadena de Amor St., Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa Tel. 0916-382-789281
Ramona Tirona St. BF Homes Paranaque Tel. +632 586-2528 , +63 917 532-2573
Pelican Fresh Store, Market! Market! Mall, Taguig +632 889-6696
Tea Republic at Pacific Star Bldg.& Enterprise Center , Makati +632 848-0270
Related UTT 12 Blog Posts:
- Ultimate Taste Test XII: 4th Rockwell UTT @PowerPlantMall (A Photo Essay)
- UTT 12: Foodie Survival Guide to the 4th Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test! @PowerPlantMall
- Are You Ready for Ultimate Taste Test 12 on Sept. 27, Sat @PowerPlantMall? (10 Days to go!)
- Announcing…. Rockwell’s 4th ULTIMATE TASTE TEST 2014 on Sept. 27 at @PowerPlantMall! (Now Open for Applications!)
Live an Awesome Life,
Follow @antondiaz and Like our Official Facebook Page: Our Awesome Planet 🙂
If you have tips on awesome food and travel destinations, please email me at email@example.com.
Full Disclosure: Our Awesome Planet is the Founder of the Ultimate Taste Test series.
Rockwell Ultimate Taste Test is Co-Presented by: