Philippine Airlines announces its Mid-Year Seat Sale with P388 base fare for domestic destinations and USD99 for international destinations, passengers can book starting on July 13, 2020 covering the travel period of August 1, 2020 up to May 31, 2021.
Flying home to reunite with your loved ones or going on essential business travel? Following the national government’s move to relax COVID-19 lockdown measures in Metro Manila and other areas, non-essential trips and tourism abroad are now allowed but with strict measures in light of the pandemic.
To ensure the safety and protection of all passengers, PAL is strictly implementing an all-out ‘Fly Safe’ set of new normal safety measures and practices – dubbed “New Normal, Same Heart” – that adopts international health and safety protocols while keeping the signature heartfelt service that the airline is known for.
To avail of the offer, passengers may book via www.philippineairlines.com or call PAL Reservations at (+63 2) 8855 – 8888 or visit any PAL ticketing office or any partner travel agents or through the PAL mobile app.
PAL SAFETY PORTOCOLS (Before Flight)
- Passengers are encouraged to check in on-line and arrive early at the airport to allocate extra time for new safety procedures. Go to the airport 3-4 hours before flight. This is mainly due to the stricter protocols and social distancing, not because there is an influx of people.
- All passengers must bring their own face masks to use at the airport and throughout the flight. Failure to bring a face mask will mean that you will not be allowed to board your flight. DIY Mask & facesheild are allowed in domestics flights, but for international flights only surgical masks are allowed by the concerned local authorities. Infants up to 2 years old are exempted from the face mask requirement.
- Everyone must observe physical distance whenever queueing in line or while seated at waiting areas at the airport.
PAL SAFETY PORTOCOLS (Inflight)
- Crew will wear full body PPE. The Philippine flag carrier is one of the first in the world to require cabin crew to wear full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while on board the flight.
- PAL’s cabin crew also undergo medical evaluation prior to their duty.
- For passengers to feel extra safe when they fly, PAL also offers Onboard Distancing Seat Options in Business Class, Premium Economy, and a designated zone of the Economy Class cabin.
- Modified inflight meal and snack service, using sealed packaging instead of traditional meal arrangements for safety.
- I’m not very techy, but from what I understand all PAL aircrafts are equipped with advanced cabin air systems that continuously infuse fresh air across the cabin (cabin air is replaced every 2 to 3 minutes), as well as High-Efficiency Particulate Air filters (or HEPA filters) that trap the viruses, bacteria and other contaminants with 99.9% efficiency, the same technology employed in hospital operating rooms, and is safer than most enclosed public spaces.
- Here’s are some extra tips, that we think are useful! Passengers are now allowed to bring 10 pcs of 100mL bottles as part of their carry-on. (It should not be more than 100mL per bottle for airport security purposes) The idea of this is for storing alcohol and disinfectants as travel essentials if you wish to additionally sanitize your own space. Don’t forget to bring your own water bottle also.
When bringing sanitizers for your flight, please make sure to follow the required volume, quantity and alcohol content (70% solution). For your carry-on bag, you may bring up to 100ml of liquids, aerosols, and gels in a transparent, one-liter plastic bag or Security Tamper Evident Bag (STEB for flights to the United States). For your check-in bag/s, you may bring no more than 5L of alcohol.
- Bring a pen. There will be forms you need to fill up including health declaration form and another form specific for COVID-19 contact tracing.
The flag carrier has partially resumed regular commercial flights to various domestic destinations and key international cities in the US, Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and Canada. PAL has also been operating special missions to repatriate stranded Filipinos and foreign nationals to and from different parts of the world, as well as all-cargo services to transport essential supplies across the Philippines and overseas.
Passengers may book via www.philippineairlines.com or call PAL Reservations at (+63 2) 8855 – 8888 or visit any PAL ticketing office or any partner travel agents or through the PAL mobile app.
Live an Awesome Life,
ABI of Team Our Awesome Planet
Disclosure: I wrote this article with my biases, opinions and insights.