The LONDON EYE is the iconic giant Ferris Wheel on the South Bank of the River Thames in London, also known as the Millennium Wheel.
It is Europe’s tallest Ferris Wheel at 135 metres (443 ft) in height and a wheel diameter of 120 metres (394 ft). It’s a popular British icon that even my boys know about and want to ride someday.
It’s fun to ride it as a group. Our Philippine media delegation actually occupied an entire capsule! 🙂
Here’s a photo essay of our London Eye experience…
(Trivia: It was known previously as the British Airways or the Merlin Entertainments London Eye.)
1 Photo Print costs £15, but you can get a Premium Photobook souvenir with 2x Photo Prints, 2x Digital Downloads, Photo Keyring, Photo Magnet, Mini Photo & London Stickers for £20.
The London Eye is one of those things you must experience in London. But it’s an experience best shared with your special someone, with your family and kids, or with a big barkada.
About London Eye
At 135m, the EDF Energy London Eye is the world’s largest cantilevered observation wheel. It was conceived and designed by Marks Barfield Architects and was launched in 2000. It has already won over 85 awards for national and international tourism, outstanding architectural quality, and engineering achievement.
Adult (16+ years):Walk Up price £19.95 Online price £17.96
Child (4-15 years): Walk Up price £14.00 Online price £12.60
Senior (60+ years): Walk Up price £16.50 Online price £14.85
Family of 4 (2 Adults + 2 Children): Walk Up price £67.91 Online price £54.33
Under 4 years: £0.00
@FlyPAL #PALnonstopLondon Experience Series:
- PAL Manila Non-Stop to London: A Photo Essay of the Maiden Vogage of PAL Flight PR720!
- CAMBIO DE TERCIO: Cool Spanish Resto Hangout in London! @CambiodTercio
- THE COUNTING HOUSE: Traditional London Pub Favorite! (Built in 1893)
- I ♥ COVENT GARDEN!
- TUTTONS: Traditional British Restaurant @TuttonsLondon, Covent Garden
- PORTERS: English Restaurant & Pub since 1979 @ Covent Garden
- The LONDON EYE Experience
- WICKED MANIA in MANILA! (@WICKED_Musical Review)
- BEIGEL BAKE: 24 Hours Authentic Bagel Shop in London!
- LONDON 101: First Timer’s Guide to London
Live an Awesome Life,
P.S. Fly to London Non-Stop 5 times a week on PAL’s Boeing 777-300ER! Leave Manila in the morning, and make it to London just in time for Afternoon Tea! Book your direct flight to London via PAL via http://www1.philippineairlines.com/